We have worked in Maida Vale for nearly 15 years and at the Library for over 3 years, during which we have had the pleasure of getting to know many local patients and community groups.
We are delighted to have found a clinic not too far away on Finchley Road, offering a more comprehensive range of facilities and a more suitable home for our practice.
Our Maida Vale patients new and old are all very welcome at our new practice. Please see below for how to travel from the old practice to the new, or get in touch with us if you need any assistance.
If you’re pushed for time we can also offer you a diagnostic video consultation, giving you the opportunity to discuss your symptoms in confidence with a professional and see whether further treatment is required.
Travelling from Maida Vale Library to our Finchley Road Practice
We offer various concessions for Westminster residents including discounts for Westminster Library members and holders of the Active Westminster card, all of which are equally applicable at our Finchley Road practice.
Telephone Reception Opening Hours
Our reception service is available 08:30 – 18:00, Monday to Friday and 09:00 – 13:00 on Saturday.
Home visits are available on request in the Maida Vale area for those who are unable to travel to our Finchley Road practice.
The fees are charged following our Professional fee structure for new or follow-up appointments, plus a surcharge (depending on the appointment duration and distance from the practice). These are normally £40 – £60 to allow for travel time out of practice.
Please ensure you book your home visits by telephone and not by using our online booking system.
We are able to accept card payments using a mobile payment system.
- Westbourne Park W10
- Queens Parks NW6
- Kilburn Park NW6
- Little Venice W9
- Paddington W2
- Paddington Basin W2
- Sheldon Square W2
- Edgware Road W2
- Please remember that fees are payable after each appointment unless you have pre-arranged for direct settlement using your Health Insurance with the Body Back-Up Reception Team.
- Receipt will be issued for any appointment on request.
- If you need to cancel your appointment, or change the date or time we require 24 hours’ notice.
- A fee will apply for non-arrival or late cancellations.
Body Back-Up Osteopaths are registered with all main health insurance companies. If you already have health insurance that covers treatment you can submit your details electronically using our form provided. Many health insurance companies cover Osteopathic treatment fees – in some cases you may need a GP referral to make a claim – check with your Health Insurer before treatment.
Sending the details before your appointment will make sure everything is in place to facilitate Direct Settlement after your first treatment session. We reserve the right, in certain instances, to withdraw direct settlement options but can issue receipt for you to make your claim from your health insurer personally.
If you prefer you can complete a form when you attend the clinic for your treatment, but please make sure you bring all the details with you – this will avoid any delay in processing your claim. If you are not sure if you have the appropriate cover, please ask the Body Back-Up receptionist or your health policy administrator. If you have a Corporate Health Policy, ask your Human Resources Department to contact us and we will give them more comprehensive information to help you with your claim.
Using Health Insurance F.A.Q.’s
“Is Osteopathy covered by my Health Insurance”
If you would like to claim your osteopathic fee by Direct Settlement, Body Back-Up would claim these fees directly from the Health Insurance Company, so you can concentrate on getting better – You can opt to claim yourself using receipts at the end of your treatment period. We reserve the right in certain circumstances, with certain health insurers, to suspend direct settlement options. Please check how this may apply to your individual circumstances.
- Policy Excess: Do you or your company need to pay the first part of the treatment fees?
- Claims Limit: Have you already used all your allowances for treatment for a similar problem during the financial year of your insurance policy?
- Your Health Insurance may stipulate that you have a ‘set’ number of Appointments over a time interval – and then your case is reviewed.
- Health Insurance: normally state that treatment must be for Acute Care rather than on-going maintenance treatment. Check your policy wording.
- GP Referral: Does your policy require you to have a Referral letter to a “named” Body Back-Up Osteopath to enable the claim to be settled?
- Claim Forms: Do you need to complete a Claim Form and have it signed by your GP – or can the Osteopath treating you sign it?
- Claim Numbers: You will need your Membership Number. If you are in Company Scheme you will also need your Group number – this is the number allocated to your company, you will then have your own membership number. You may also need an Authorisation code from the Health Insurance Company.
If you need help with any of these details, please contact your Health Insurance Helpline number. You may have someone in your company – perhaps in Human Resources – who can also direct you. If you are still confused or not sure what to do, we are here to provide help and advise if you encounter any problems.